Juniper Essential oil – Juniperus communis
Juniper Essential Oil contains a great variety of properties, here some of the main ones:
- Increasing circulation
- Healing skin conditions
- Antiseptic properties
- Uplifting, but calming and soothing
In aromatherapy treatments, Juniper essential oil is used for menstrual problems, cramps, slow circulation and cellulite. Also has a toning effect on acne skins and oily skin types.
Methods of use:
- Add to a room diffuser to cleanse the atmosphere after an argument or heated discussions
- Dilute in a carrier oil, and apply to relieve pain with rheumatic conditions, aching joints or muscles or any PMT/menstrual problems.
- Add a few drops to the bath for a relaxing soak that will lift spirits.
- It is also a good germ-killer to burn in a sick room.
Caution: Juniper Essential oil is perfectly safe for home use if well diluted but should never be used during pregnancy as it can trigger labour.
Size: 10 ml